Myofascial release focuses on a gentle blend of stretching and massage using traction and positioning of the body to break painful adhesions in the tissue and relax muscle spasms.
- Enhancing general relaxation and stress reduction
- Improved circulation of blood and lymph
- Improving immune system functioning
- Increased flexibility of muscles, ligaments, and other soft tissues
- Increased joint range of motion
- Relieving muscle aches and stiffness
- Removal of metabolic waste products from muscles
Trigger Point Therapy
A trigger point is the tight area within a muscle that causes pain. This pain may be local or shooting (referred). The pain may be sharp and intense or a dull ache. Trigger point therapy is designed to alleviate the source of the pain through isolated pressure and release. The results and benefits of trigger point massage are releasing muscle tension in the areas, thus alleviating pain. This form of therapy can help manage pain and stress from chronic injuries and stress.